MYA orchestra and jazz students travel to Germany March 25-April 3, 2010!
Check back during our trip to see what we're up to. We will post photos and blog posts from chaperones and students.
Saturday, April 3
Friday, April 2
Thursday, April 1
Wednesday, March 31
Tuesday, March 30
Monday, March 29
Sunday, March 28
Friday, March 26
Saturday, March 27
- Arrive Dusseldorf at 7:35 a.m.
- Late afternoon arrival to Cologne
- Historical walking tour of Cologne
- Jazz Concert
- Day trip to Bonn (Beethoven's birthplace!)
- Concert at Brauweiler Abbey or the Altenburger Dom
- Departure for Stuttgart
- Morning boat ride down the Rhine River
- Late afternoon arrival in Stuttgart
- Meet and stay with your host family!
- Full day with host families
- Early departure for Munich
- Guided walking tour through Munich
- Morning visit of Dachau, the first Nazi concentration camp
- Departure to Bad Woerishofen, a spa town within one hour of Munich
- Final concert in Germany
- Departure from Munich to Chicago at 3:40 p.m.
- Arrive in Chicago at 6:20 p.m.